VPN services have come a long way, they’ve been around for years, and were originally created to access intranets remotely.
But what are today’s use cases for using a VPN service? Here are 10 reasons why you really need to start using a VPN service, ideally from today!
- Protecting your online privacy and security when using public Wi-Fi networks
- Bypassing internet censorship and accessing blocked websites and content
- Protecting your personal and financial information when shopping or banking online
- Hiding your browsing activity from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and government agencies
- Accessing geographically restricted content, such as streaming services or websites
- Enhancing your online anonymity by masking your IP address
- Protecting your data from hackers and cybercriminals when using a public or untrusted network
- Enabling secure remote access to your home or work network
- Bypassing workplace or school internet filters to access blocked websites
- Enabling secure and private communication, such as for journalists or political activists operating in oppressive regimes.